BY ACCESSING AND USING THIS WEBSITE AND/OR PURCHASING OR ENQUIRING ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, THE USER IS PROVIDING THEIR EXPRESS AND VOLUNTARY CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION BY THE COMPANY ON THE BASIS SET OUT IN THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. IF THE USER DOES NOT CONSENT, THE USER MUST IMMEDIATELY STOP ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS WEBSITE AND OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
- COMPANY collects, uses and, in some circumstances, shares the personal information of Users in and through this website and during the provision of services to you.
- COMPANY respects the rights of Users whose personal information is collected and used by it, including their right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, sharing and use of such personal information.
2. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- ‘’consent’’ means any voluntary, specific and informed expression of will in terms of which permission is given by or on behalf of a User for the processing of their personal information;
- ‘‘direct marketing’’ means to approach a data subject, either in person or by mail or electronic communication, for the direct or indirect purpose of promoting or offering to supply any goods or services to the data subject;
- ‘’information officer’’ means the head of COMPANY from time to time.
- ‘‘operator’’ means an outside third party who processes personal information for or on behalf of COMPANY in terms of a contract or mandate;
- ‘’personal information’’ means any information linked to a User or information that can identify a User, including but not limited to:
- information relating to a User’s gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin age, language;
- a User’s e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information or online identifier;
- a User’s financial information including banking details and invoice information;
- a User’s personal opinions, views or preferences;
- correspondence sent by a User which is of a private or confidential nature;
- the User’s special personal information, including without limitation information about a User’s health; and
- the User’s name if it appears with other personal information relating to that User, or if the disclosure of their name on its own would reveal further personal information about that User;
- ‘’POPIA’’ means the Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013, including any regulations or codes of conduct promulgated under it;
- ‘’PAIA’’ means the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000;
- ‘’process or processing’’ means, in relation to personal information, any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether or not by automatic means, including:
- the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use of that information;
- dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; or
- merging, linking, as well as restriction, degradation, erasure or destruction of that information;
- “special personal information” means the religious or philosophical beliefs, race or ethnic origin, trade union membership, political persuasion, health, sex life or any biometric information of a User; and may include criminal behaviour of a User to the extent such data relates to the alleged commission of the User of an offence or any proceedings in respect of any offence allegedly committed by a User or the disposal of such proceedings
- “services” means the products and services provided to any User by COMPANY;
- ‘’User’’ means a visitor or user of this website, or any of the content or services associated with this website; and
- ‘’the website’’ means the website or any part thereof which is accessible from www.capeisland.co.za.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- any one gender includes the other genders, as the case may be;
- an act, regulation or other law is to the version of that law in force at the effective date of this Policy and includes any amendment or re-enactment made to that law after the effective date of this Policy.
- When calculating any number of days for the purposes of this Policy, the first day must be excluded and the last day of the relevant interval included, unless the last day is not a business day, then the last day will be the next succeeding business day.
- The word "include" means "include without limitation". Use of the word ‘’include’’ or ‘’in particular’’ is for illustration or emphasis only and where followed by specific examples must not be interpreted as limiting the meaning of the general wording preceding it.
3. RESPONSIBLE PARTY
- COMPANY will be the party who will be collecting and processing a User’s personal information and as such is designated as the ‘’responsible party’’ for the purposes of this Policy.
- COMPANY‘s contact details are as follows:
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website address: www.capeisland.co.za
- COMPANY may instruct third party operators from time to time to undertake certain processing activities relating to the User’s personal information.
4. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
- COMPANY may collect the following personal information from the User:
- Initials, first name, surname;
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Age and language preference;
- Financial information;
- Cellphone number;
- Physical address;
- Employment details;
- Company registration and VAT number; and
- Identity or passport number.